Donating real estate to support Lost Coast Humane Society is fast and easy! The proceeds from your property donation allow Lost Coast Humane Society in advancing animal welfare in the Lost Coast / Emerald Triangle Region (Southern Humboldt/Northern Mendocino/Western Trinity Counties) of Northern California by:
- Reducing pet overpopulation and suffering; working to eliminate the need for euthanasia.
- Making veterinary medical care and spayeuter financially accessible and available to all members of the community regardless of social standing.
- Confronting animal cruelty and neglect and pressuring authorities to enforce the law.
- Providing emergency shelter, rehabilitation and temporary foster care for abandoned, injured and stray animals.
- Placing cats and dogs in forever homes.
- Creating meaningful social changes for animals through advocacy, education, problem solving, referrals and outreach; advocating for sensible public policies for animals of all species.
- Creating sustainable fundraising mechanisms to support future objectives and projects (i.e. Vet Mobile Clinic, emergency medical / disaster relief, Sanctuary/Animal Shelter) needed to bring basic services not available at this time to all animals (domestic, farm, wild and marine).
- Collaborating with local and national animal welfare organizations and foundations to implement the necessary interventions and services needed to bring animal welfare issues and needs into the 21st century; joining with other non-profits to implement locally advanced programs.
Lost Coast Humane Society partners with Giving Property to process real estate donations to benefit Lost Coast Humane Society and the community we serve. Our program takes any property type (land, homes, commercial) in any location so long as there is equity. Even if you owe back taxes, have a mortgage balance or have deferred maintenance, it's no problem. We will pay off all loans, liens, commissions owed and all closing costs. If you have a real estate asset that is costing you money or not being utilized, donating it is a great way to give back. You may even claim a significant tax deduction!